Having a rental is great passive income, but in order to keep your tenants or attract potential ones, you have to maintain your property spotless. When it’s time to give their rental a deep clean, many landlords look up cleaning for realtors and hire professionals in Santa Fe Springs to do it for them.
However, while having an expert sanitize and thoroughly wash everything is the easiest way to get your rental looking immaculate for the new tenants, sometimes you want to do it yourself. And, during the inspection, there are a few things you should know about cleaning your property. Keep reading to learn more.
What are some cleaning do’s and don’ts for property managers?
Whether you’re deep cleaning your property between tenants or just looking to freshen it up, here are the things you should do:
- Check for mold and take adequate steps to remove it. Realtors usually overlook this because mold can be hard to spot, but it usually develops in the bathroom because of all the moisture. You can easily remove it with bleach and install a durable bathroom fan that prevents the mold from forming again.
- Wash the windows thoroughly. Having dirty windows affects the brightness in the room and makes it look less pretty. On the other hand, spotless windows allow more light to come through and the room looks warm and pleasant. It’s a nice detail that every tenant pays attention to.
- Disinfect the handles, switches, and doorknobs. Since sanitization became a part of our daily lives, we cannot forget about all the small things we touch with dirty hands. And when you’re presenting your rental to a potential tenant, you want to make it safe for them. Also, a clean light switch or a door knob is just as noticeable as a dirty one.
- Take a picture of your rental before you sign the papers with your new tenant. This serves as digital proof of the property condition in case something breaks. It’s always recommended to hire rental property cleaners beforehand to set the hygiene standard for your new tenant. When they see an immaculate home, they are more likely to keep it that way.
And here are the cleaning don’ts for property managers:
- Don’t forget to deep clean your carpets. Since they’re on the floor, everything falls on them, and a dirty carpet always catches a tenant’s eye. If you notice a foul smell in a certain room and can’t find the cause, it’s probably the carpet. On the other hand, a freshly washed carpet makes the whole room feel more pleasant.
- Don’t focus solely on the interior. The exterior is the first thing a tenant notices about the property and if neglected, they won’t be too happy about it. A power washer is great for removing any stubborn dirt on your exterior walls and it’s easy to use. Also, having a tidy garden or landscape in front of your house makes it more welcoming.
- Don’t forget to clean your ceiling fixtures. Whether it’s a chandelier or a ceiling fan, the dust would be a very unpleasant surprise for a future tenant. Cleaning these should be the first thing on the checklist, as they’re in the upper part of a room and the dust tends to accumulate rapidly on them.
Who provides the best cleaning for realtors in Santa Fe Springs?
To make your property look fresh and clean without sacrificing any energy and precious free time, call Oasis Natural Cleaning! One of the reasons why you should hire professional cleaners is because it’s stress-free, and we ensure that by referring experienced maids. Instead of scrubbing the dirt from your rental windows, have a relaxing day off near the Turnbull Canyon. Contact us today!