A house with grimy windows and an unkempt front yard is like a person with filthy clothes and poor hygiene. Worse, in addition to looking bad, dirty windows also make it harder for sunlight to get inside your home and ruins whatever view they may offer.
Because of this, you should ensure your windows are sparkling clean at all times. Whether you clean them yourself or hire professional maids in West Covina to do it for you, the end result will be a brighter home that looks and feels infinitely more fresh.
Last month, we helped you optimize your house cleaning by giving you crucial deep cleaning guidelines and telling you how to teach your children to clean. Now, we’ll answer some common window cleaning questions. Read on to learn more.
What is the best way to clean windows without streaking?
There’s nothing more frustrating than spending time and effort on cleaning your windows only to realize the glass is still covered in streaks after you’re done.
Luckily, you can easily avoid this by applying a simple technique:
- Instead of using standard cleaning products, get a bucket of water and mix it with dishwashing detergent or vinegar.
- Apply this cleaning solution to the glass using a long window scrubber.
- Grab a squeegee and pull its blade over the glass in a reverse “S” pattern.
- Wipe the blade with a clean lint-free cloth after every stroke.
It may take some tries to get it right, so be patient. Once you get the hang of this technique, you’ll be able to get streak-free windows every time.
How do you clean the inside of your house windows?
In general, 9 times out of 10, all you need to clean your window is a glass cleaner of your choice and some paper towels. Simply spray the cleaner on the glass and wipe it with paper towels. As always, consider doing your part in protecting the environment by using green cleaning supplies.
If your window is unusually dirty, do the following;
- Place a large towel under the window before you start washing it to avoid getting your floor wet.
- Put one tablespoon of ammonia and three tablespoons of vinegar (or rubbing alcohol) in one quart of warm water. Dip a rag in this solution and wring it thoroughly to remove excess moisture.
- Use this rag to gently wipe the window. You can prevent dripping by using horizontal strokes.
- Perform downward strokes on the glass with a clean squeegee. Don’t forget to wipe the squeegee’s blade after every stroke.
- Use an old towel or sheet to dry the windows. A piece of newspaper can be used to polish the almost-dry glass.
- Place the small-brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner and then use it to vacuum the sill and the window frame.
How often should you clean your windows?
Standard cleanings, which include de-cluttering, vacuuming, mopping are typically performed once or twice a week while window cleaning is done less frequently. However, since windows are more exposed, they tend to get dirty a lot faster in regions where there’s a lot of rain and dust, so they may require more frequent cleanings.
Where can I find superb maids in West Covina?
So what if work or other obligations prevent you from properly focusing on your cleaning? Or what if you simply prefer to spend that time relaxing or learning more about West Covina’s history at, for example, the Taylor House?
In that case, you’ve come to the right place! At Oasis Natural Cleaning, we team up with skilled maids in California who have the tools and experience necessary to provide truly exceptional cleanings.
Don’t hesitate to book a cleaning today. Your happiness is 100% guaranteed.